CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Home for the Holidays

I am finally home for winter break!  I am ecstatic.  This couldn’t have come at a better time.  No more thinking about school or grades or university life – just relaxation.  I get to do only the things I WANT to do.  I am going to do NOTHING productive for the rest of the evening!  Well, I will probably unpack, and I might start planning what I’m going to do with my break… and I will for certain start reading one of the books on my list for the next four weeks… ok, well maybe I’m not so good at not being productive, but at least these are things I enjoy doing.  I really want to have time to myself over break, though.  I don’t want to get so busy I forget to breathe – that already happens enough during the semester.

 

I have realized, though, that I am no longer in a job-limited position.  I am not uneducated; I have my high school degree, and I’m attending college.  I have the skills necessary for occupation other than running food out to cars, answering speakers, and preparing ice cream.  There are things I am meant to do in my life: why wait to start accomplishing them?

0 comments: